This playdough is great for the senses — from the squishy feel to the intoxicating aroma!
It also looks and smells just like real gingerbread dough, but no worries, if your child is tempted to take a taste, this all natural formula won’t hurt them a bit.
- 1 cup – flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 cup – salt
- 2 tablespoon – Cream of Tartar
- 1 drop cinnamon doterra essential oil
- 1 drop ginger doterra essential oil
- 1 drop clove doterra essential oil
- 1 drop cardamom doterra essential oil
- 1 cup – water
- 1 tablespoon – olive oil
- Put the dry ingredients in a medium saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Add the water and oil, and stir together.
- Cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the dough comes away from the sides of the pan and forms a ball in the center, a silicone spoon works really well for this. It will look lumpy, but don't worry.
- Turn the warm dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead it a few times until it is smooth and not sticky. Lightly flour your hands if necessary.
- Store the playdough in an airtight baggie or container.