As the summer season comes to a close our schedules tend to get busier with the kids off to school. Whether you’re continually running them to a friends house, sports practice, birthday parties, or simply running errands,
dōTERRA Peppermint is your perfect pick me up!
"I know how to do everything! I'm a Mom!"
The simplest way to get that mid-day pick-me-up is by placing one drop of Peppermint oil in the palm of your hand and inhale by cupping your hands over your nose. You can also try adding in one drop of Wild Orange oil and one drop of Frankincense oil!
Need a pick-me-up right away in the morning like me? Try adding a few drops to the diffuser, or adding a drop in your shampoo, or a drop in your coffee! YUM!
How to use Peppermint Oil
- Instead of reaching for artificially flavored gum to freshen your breath, reach for Peppermint oil to do the job! Simply mix one drop each Peppermint and Lemon essential oil in water, take a sip, and swirl it around in your mouth for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse. This is because of the menthol, a component found in Peppermint, is known for its ability to cleanse and freshen. You can walk confident, knowing that your breath smells just as good as it feels.
- Peppermint oil is a culinary wonder- added for a fresh boost to meals in kitchens all across the world. However, Peppermint is not just limited to cooked dishes; it also makes a great addition to any smoothie. Try adding one to two drops of Peppermint essential oil to your favorite smoothie recipe for a burst of minty flavor. By adding the freshness of Peppermint oil to your morning smoothie, you can start your day feeling more refreshed than ever.
- Peppermint can be used aromatically to enliven the senses and promote a feeling of energy. This powerful oil can be extremely beneficial on its own, but when you add the right combination of essential oils to Peppermint, the synergy of the combination of oils leads to even more benefits. For example, try placing one drop of Peppermint oil in the palm of your hand, add one drop of Wild Orange oil and one drop of Frankincense oil, and inhale by cupping your hands over your nose. This simple aromatic recipe is perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up.
- Being outside in the sun can be a great way to uplift your mood, but sometimes too much sun exposure can quickly end your fun. Try this homemade After Sun Soothing Spray to maintain healthy-looking skin after too much sun. This soothing spray is filled with three powerful essential oils that calm and soothe irritated skin. One of the primary oils used in this spray is Peppermint. Peppermint is a perfect after-sun essential oil for the same reason it is useful for oral care--its high content of Menthol. Tea Tree essential oil and Lavender essential oil are two additional ingredients in this DIY that will improve the appearance of skin.
- Looking for a long-lasting way to smell the sweet and minty aroma of Peppermint oil? Use this simple yet invigorating diffuser blend and enjoy this fresh aroma in your home, office, or classroom. To make this blend, combine two drops of Peppermint, three drops of Grapefruit, and two drops of Sandalwood into a diffuser.
- The soothing components found in Peppermint oil make it a desirable oil for massages. Try adding Peppermint to your massage experiences and enjoy the pleasurable cooling feelings it brings to your skin while immersing yourself in its sweet and relaxing aroma. A great massage companion to Peppermint is Lavender. This combination will produce optimal soothing feelings that will add to any massage. You can also try adding Peppermint essential oil to your shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating hair massage that will provide the pampering your scalp deserves.
- Peppermint oil provides a perfect solution to ward off those creepy crawlers. Many bugs and spiders dislike the potent smell of Peppermint. Try placing one to three drops of essential oil on a cotton ball and position them in the corners of your bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, laundry room, or wherever you think these unwanted guests might be.
- Having trouble staying awake and would like a natural method to feel alert? Peppermint oil is very invigorating and can help. In order to create this extra boost, place 1–2 drops of Peppermint on your finger tips and then place your fingertips on your temples and rub. This will help give you the natural sense of alertness you desire when you need it most.
Oils that Blend Well with Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil blends well with Oregano, Marjoram, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Rosemary, and Tea Tree oil essential oils for diffusion.
Where to Buy Peppermint Oil
To buy a pure bottle of Peppermint, visit our Peppermint essential oil product page.
Many essential oils available in the industry contain filler substances and contaminants that weaken the purity and power of the oil. However, at doTERRA, we know that a pure bottle of essential oil has the potential to change lives; that’s why doTERRA’s mission is to provide essential oils that are highly effective and free of additives and harmful contaminants.
Our Peppermint oil is produced in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. Through the partnership doTERRA has created with our growers, we receive only the highest quality Peppermint oil, which is then rigorously tested. We guarantee pure essential oils through the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® quality protocol. This protocol includes a series of strict tests that ensure the essentials oils we sell are free from filler substances or impurities—making the doTERRA essential oils you purchase powerful and pure.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.